My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Michigan, United States

I'm a freshman in college, studying to become an elementary teacher. I just got a brand new Martin guitar that I'm extremely proud of. I love to read and listen to all types of music. I love my dogs, and I miss them now that I'm at college. I love to read and of course, write.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Wish....

I wish that I had time to read. Not just reading my textbooks, cause those are really, really not fun to read. I mean, I wish I had time to sit down and read a good old fashioned fiction novel. The kind with plot lines, not about the Olmec culture from the Pleistocene period of the tropical Mexican lowlands. No thank you. I want to read something with developed characters, hell why not throw in a little romance too. I miss the days of being able to read through a class. Now I'm afraid to miss a class for fear of falling behind.

I wish the weekends would come sooner. I live for the weekends. I get to see my family, I get to see Mike. I feel like I'm always counting down the days (I feel bad about that). Don't get me wrong, I'm starting to like my classes, some of them anyways, and things are going a lot better. But I still can't help but count down the days. As of now: one more day....

What you should listen to: Abigail Washburn. She's part of an all girl bluegrass band that was at Wheatland this past September. Although I didn't find this out until after I heard her song, "Eve Stole the Apple," and looked her up. I like bluegrass, it's the roots of Americana, and this song about Eve is haunting and somehow relateable. Imagine that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new look! Great post, too. Looking forward to reading lots more of them, but I suppose that falls under the same issue as not having enough time to read. My poor girl...Christmas break is coming and you will have a whole month to read and blog! :-)

Luv u,

Auntie K.

6:34 AM  
Blogger jt said...

I wish... for another blog post from you! :-)
Love,
Momma

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home