My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Michigan, United States

I'm a freshman in college, studying to become an elementary teacher. I just got a brand new Martin guitar that I'm extremely proud of. I love to read and listen to all types of music. I love my dogs, and I miss them now that I'm at college. I love to read and of course, write.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Had a Nightmare

I had a nightmare, only this nightmare was real. My mom, my brother and I went grocery shopping. Now to some that may not be a nightmare, but we went grocery shopping on a Sunday, and not just any Sunday but the Sunday before Thanksgiving. There were crazy old ladies there who shouldn't be allowed to use a cart, and there were rude old men there who shouldn't be out in public. We went down the wine aisle, and my mom was picking out what she wanted for Thanksgiving, when this guy, probably in his 50's comes over and asks me if I'm getting the featured wine. I just give him a look like "You must be joking, I'm only 17." And then my mom cuts in with, "Pardon?" and he says, "I was just asking her if she was getting the featured wine, but she's probably too young," and then as he's saying this he looks me up and down, gross. Please, let me go take a shower now or puke, whichever comes first. Now this guy is getting on my nerves and he just keeps talking and I just ignore him. That guy creeped me out- like I said nightmare. Then people are very impatient and try to squeeze their full carts by when there isn't any room, so I move over to block them off a little more just to make people mad. I love grocery shopping. Not.

What I'm Reading: A Higher Geometry by Sharelle Byars Moranville. It's about a girl named Anna, who is really good at math. The story takes place in the late 1950s, so a girl being good at math is looked down upon. Her dad wants her to become the ultimate housewife, but Anna wants to go to college and major in Math. Some of the math lingo confuses me and therefore ticks me off, but there's romance thrown in the mix and the conflict between Anna and her parents, so it does make for a good read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home